The programme I was interviewed for on Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit airs on Australia’s ABC radio on 6 April 2013 (with repeats, and online catchup available). Tune in here: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/intothemusic/gaspard-de-la-nuit/4604578 to what promises to be a lively discussion about this most fiendish piece of piano music, based on an extraordinary – almost visionary – prose poetic text by the relatively unknown Aloysius Bertrand. I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.
Poetry and Music
- RT @stew_campbell: Brilliant performances from Sheffield Chamber Orch et al this evening- many a Britten convert in the audience too! congr… 12 hours ago
- RT @DavidPWebb: Sod #Eurovision, Molly Cockburn just played the hell out of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto Op.35 - #Sheffield #10points #SCO… 15 hours ago
- RT @Arts_Enterprise: Event tonight! @tuosconcerts present Les Illuminations- a set of 9 songs based on the poetry of Arthur Rimbaud #inthec… 1 day ago
- @DavidPWebb @richardlongman Hahahaha! I bet your French will be impeccable 1 day ago
- RT @richardlongman: Hot on the heels of John Mark Ainsley a few days ago, @DavidPWebb is described this morning as "another great tenor". #… 1 day ago