The programme I was interviewed for on Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit airs on Australia’s ABC radio on 6 April 2013 (with repeats, and online catchup available). Tune in here: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/intothemusic/gaspard-de-la-nuit/4604578 to what promises to be a lively discussion about this most fiendish piece of piano music, based on an extraordinary – almost visionary – prose poetic text by the relatively unknown Aloysius Bertrand. I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.
Poetry and Music
- @unibirmingham Our man Baudelaire @baudelaireproj would have a lot to add to this - chance encounters, fleeting smi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- @a_adeyemo Hope it was actually worth it...? 2 hours ago
- @Cosminea That's a walk I recognise! My bro used to live in Mainz and I visited many a time for the Weihnachtsmarkt..! 1 day ago
- Fresh, crisp air on a snowy walk through the park does wonders! Properly turning off the brain and relaxing today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- @boulezian I often have the scene between Blanche & her brother as an earworm "O ne me quittez pas sur un adieu de fâcherie..." 2 days ago