The programme I was interviewed for on Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit airs on Australia’s ABC radio on 6 April 2013 (with repeats, and online catchup available). Tune in here: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/intothemusic/gaspard-de-la-nuit/4604578 to what promises to be a lively discussion about this most fiendish piece of piano music, based on an extraordinary – almost visionary – prose poetic text by the relatively unknown Aloysius Bertrand. I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.
Poetry and Music
- @thedr5 I was too slow to photograph the amazing dance costumes of various groups as we walked through Victoria Square! 1 day ago
- Lovely strolling around Brum soaking up the #Birminghamweekender vibe. What fabulous art and music we have in the c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Not everyday you get to hear bits of brand new opera in a shopping centre #mailbox #Birminghamweekender https://t.co/pVMerQ2AS1 1 day ago
- Off to enjoy some of the @BhamWeekender events. So lucky to live in such an arts and culture rich place! 1 day ago
- RT @BhamWeekender: Huge, amazing, diverse programme today - but here's a thread with just a few of the highlights of #Birminghamweekender .… 1 day ago