The programme I was interviewed for on Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit airs on Australia’s ABC radio on 6 April 2013 (with repeats, and online catchup available). Tune in here: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/intothemusic/gaspard-de-la-nuit/4604578 to what promises to be a lively discussion about this most fiendish piece of piano music, based on an extraordinary – almost visionary – prose poetic text by the relatively unknown Aloysius Bertrand. I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.
Poetry and Music
- RT @baudelaireproj: Did you catch @MaryCBevan on @BBCInTune this week singing #Baudelaire in Fauré's setting of Chant d'automne from her #V… 8 hours ago
- RT @TheCBSO: Here we go again! #DebussyFestival Weekend 2 starts at @electricbham tonight with The Debussy Film: Impressions of the French… 11 hours ago
- RT @OxfordLieder: #TBThursday to March 1918 and the death of #Debussy. Here's the @guardianmusic obituary from two days after he passed awa… 14 hours ago
- RT @erhwagstaff1: This looks extremely interesting: poetry on the radio in France. twitter.com/fabula/status/… 19 hours ago
- RT @archivfraumusik: OUT OF OBLIVION Augusta Holmès’ compositions won awards and acclaim from admirers including Liszt and Saint-Saëns, so… 20 hours ago